Monday, March 1, 2010

Trials, Tribulations, Patience and Clarity Part I

So, I've not blogged in, oh, a solid 2 and 1/2 months. For this I do have legitimate excuses.
#1. On the 2nd of January my bank card was swallowed in Durban. Just like that, gone. The local bank who operated the machine had no idea where it went, so that got canceled. My new bank card has not arrived yet.

#2. I'm a clumsy fool, and dropped my lap top, breaking the all important screen. One would think you could get this fixed, but nay, it cannot happen in Mthatha, at least not safely.

Now I find myself back inside the US due to visa complications. Needless to say, it is good to be home temporarily, because not only do I have a computer again, but a bank card, and everything else I'll need to keep you all informed as to the events of my final 3 months in Mthatha. There will be a more expanded version of this in the future, perhaps upon re-arrival in SA by mid-next week.


My sincerest apologies to everyone for my inability to fulfill the previous promises made about more blog updates. The circumstances were simply out of my control. Thank you for your continued attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment